There is no doubt that procrastinating is a terrible habit. I am probably not the only one who spends hours watching TV, surfing the web or chatting with friends at times when I should be working.
Why is procrastination harmful?
- The obvious reason: it wastes your time.
- If you procrastinate, you’ll post less. Remember, it’s important to take care of your community to prevent damaging your blog.
- It will take time away from running your business because of the amount of time you waste. In the end, you’ll end up behind your competitors.
- The more you procrastinate the more you might break commitments and not fulfill people’s expectations.
4 procrastination busters
- Be motivated! Keep your goals in focus and don’t deter from them.
- Use tools to manage your time:
- TeuxDeux – A simple browser to-do list.
- Keep Me Out – A great tool for blocking sites that you waste too much time on.
- Stay Focusd – A Google Chrome extension that allows you to block sites, in order to increase your productivity.
- Sign out, log off, or whatever you want call it from all the traps: MSN, Skype, AIM, Facebook, Twitter and so on.
- Try to limit the amount of time you spend watching TV, texting, chatting, etc.
Have any other ideas on how to prevent procrastination? Let’s hear.