So, you want to diversify your investment portfolio and you’re considering investing in cryptocurrencies. But because of the volatile nature of this investment, you’re having second thoughts. I get it.
A Few Good Reasons to Invest in a Cryptocurrency IRA Now
I understand how many people can fear this investment strategy. It’s the reason why I only recommend investing in a cryptocurrency IRA. By committing to long-term investing in cryptocurrencies, you’ll easily withstand the ups and downs of this volatile market. Why? Because you aren’t forced to sell when the going gets tough.
You can wait 10, 15, or 20 years for your investment to turn around. Guess what? You know as well as I do that it isn’t going to take that long. Bitcoin went into a slump in 2017 that lasted for about three years. Then 2020 came along and it suddenly went through the roof.
Regardless, one of the biggest reasons to open a cryptocurrency IRA is because it forces you to think long-term. But it’s far from the only reason. Keep reading to discover other benefits of this exciting investing strategy.
Reason #1: Cryptocurrencies Thrive During Economic Downturns
It’s hard to believe that any investment would thrive during an economic downturn.
But that’s precisely the reason why so many people are hot on Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies
. As an example, let’s say the US dollar is struggling because of a worldwide pandemic. As an example, let’s say the US dollar is struggling because of a worldwide pandemic.
The government is printing too much money and devaluing its own currency in the process. Instead of keeping your money tied up in the US dollar, you can buy Bitcoin, Ripple. Ethereum and other options. This will minimize the damage of the devalued US dollar.
And it will help you earn additional wealth at the same time. Sounds like a win-win situation, right? And when the US dollar eventually gets stronger, your Bitcoin investments will get stronger too. Even more important, perfectly predicting when an economy will turn around is nearly impossible.
So, it might take a long time for some of your other investments to recover in a bad economy. Why tie your money up in underperforming investments for so long? You’re much better off investing in a cryptocurrency IRA right now. You’ll maximize your returns and avoid unwanted economic turmoil at the same time.
Reason #2: The Future Outlook of Cryptocurrencies Is Quite Favorable
Based on information shared by respected investment advisors, many believe that cryptocurrencies still have plenty of life left in them. In fact, many look at the recent selloff as an opportunity to buy at a cheaper price.
Some of the most positive and worthwhile things related to the outlook of cryptocurrency investing are as follows:
● Stimulus overload by the federal government will bring more investors into the fold. Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies should begin to gain more value if President Biden has his way. He’s looking to borrow $4 trillion more.
This will dilute the US dollar, and give investors more reasons to diversify and get away from the US dollar. As a long-term investor, this might not mean much to you. But in the short term, it’s a great incentive to start investing now because you should make positive returns very quickly.
● Inflation is on the rise in the United States. How does this affect the price of cryptocurrencies? Simply put, investors do not like losing their wealth to inflation. Especially if they have an alternative that they can turn to like cryptocurrencies.
Even though prices are inflated right now in the US, their negative economy doesn’t impact cryptocurrencies one way or another. These investments will continue to thrive on a global scale.
● Cryptocurrencies benefit from emerging markets adopting these digital assets. This is a big reason to start investing in cryptocurrencies right away. Many countries are beginning to jump on the bandwagon. They are getting involved with cryptocurrencies to use when purchasing goods and services.
This makes it so much more valuable than a typical investment. And because more and more countries and people are using it, the value of these digital currencies will rise. Already, places like Mexico,
Argentina, Kenya, Indonesia, India, and Russia are using cryptocurrencies. The emerging markets alone make this a very attractive investment.
● E-commerce is steadily on the rise. At this point in time, e-commerce is a huge business model. In fact, it brought in more than $400 billion in the US alone last year. Guess what? E-commerce providers are beginning to adopt Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies as their currencies of choice.
It’s cheaper than accepting credit cards, it’s safer, it’s anonymous, and it’s a much smoother transaction. Overall, you’ll have a much better experience buying things with cryptocurrencies than you will while purchasing them with a typical debit or credit card.
Plus, anonymity is definitely a big selling point for many people all over the globe.
Reason #3: A Cryptocurrency IRA Delivers Huge Tax Benefits
Last but not least, it’s definitely smart to open a cryptocurrency IRA because of the major tax benefits. Some people look at these tax advantages as an IRS loophole. Regardless, the benefits definitely work in your favor. They include
● Traditional Cryptocurrency IRA – with a traditional-style cryptocurrency IRA, you have the opportunity to make the most of tax-deferred investing. This means anything deposited in this account wasn’t previously taxed.
This is great because it allows investors to put more money in their crypto IRA account. And these same investors have a chance to grow their wealth even quicker because they have more money to invest. Lastly, this lowers your yearly adjusted gross income, so you’ll pay fewer taxes from your paycheck.
● Roth Cryptocurrency IRA – in this particular case, you’ll open a self-directed IRA with money that was previously taxed. Many investors prefer this strategy because they get to keep all of the proceeds generated in this account.
Why? They keep everything because it’s 100% funded with post-tax dollars. And the IRS doesn’t tax people twice, so this is a nice benefit.
By now, I truly hope you recognize the value of investing in a cryptocurrency IRA. It’s an incredibly popular investment at this point and rightfully so. And with the recent selloff, you can begin buying cryptocurrencies cheaper than you could have six months ago.
No one can guarantee success with any investment. But if you hold off long enough, your investment will earn significant money. This is the law of averages working in your favor, so it’s definitely a good idea to focus on long-term investing in a cryptocurrency IRA.